The Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum presents:
The 2013 Hall of Mountaineering Excellence
Gala & Induction Ceremony
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado
Honoring individuals for their accomplishments both on and off the mountain.
We are pleased to announce the 2013 Inductees:
This one-of-a-kind event will include a cocktail reception in the Museum, catered dinner, live appeal, induction ceremony and a guest presentation by a panel from the 1963 Everest Expedition.
Sponsor a Table ($800):
Designated table for 8 with signage
Name or logo included in program
Recognition during the Gala presentation
Visit our online album to see pictures from last year's event: 2012 Gala Photo Album
About the 2013 HoME Gala
On Saturday, April 6th, the Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum will host the fourth annual Hall of Mountaineering Excellence gala and induction ceremony to celebrate the achievements of five American mountaineers.
The event will be held at the American Mountaineering Center at 710 10th Street in Golden, Colorado. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $75 for individuals and $125 for couples and can be purchased at www.hallofmountaineeringexcellence.org.
This year's inductees include Nick Clinch, Barry Corbet, Norman Dyhrenfurth, Jeff Lowe and Peter Metcalf.
The Hall of Mountaineering Excellence Gala will honor each mountaineer for his/her accomplishments on and off the mountain, recounting stories of first ascents and expeditions and fond memories of inductees no longer with us. Guests will enjoy a cocktail reception, catered dinner, live entertainment, auction and guest panel presentation by select members of the 1963 Everest Expedition.
The title sponsor of the gala is Eddie Bauer First Ascent, a new line of expedition quality mountaineering gear and apparel.
For more information, call 303-996-2763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous HoME Inductees:
2012: Arlene Blum, Henry W. Kendall, Dee Molenaar, Louis Reichardt
2011: Fred Beckey, Tom Hornbein, Royal Robbins, Miriam Underhill, Willi Unsoeld
2010: Robert Bates, Yvon Chouinard, Robert Craig, Dr. Charles Houston
The Award Criteria
In keeping with the goals, mission, and vision of the American Mountaineering Museum, the inductees cover a broad-spectrum in their accomplishments on and off the mountain. Criteris is listed below.
- Accomplished mountaineer: Any inductee must have a substantial list of mountaineering accomplishments under his/her belt. This can be in any discipline - mountaineering, rock, ice, mixed, etc. Inductees should have a background that includes significant achievements like ground breaking first ascents, etc.
- Multi-dimensional: The museum focuses not only on the sport of mountaineering, but also on the tangential aspects of climbing, namely environment, culture, art, teamwork, etc. Thus, any inductee must not be simply a great mountaineer, but must also have made contributions of significance in other areas relating to the mountains.
These areas include, but are not limited to:
- Giving back to the climbing community directly through advocacy, financial support (grants, etc.), activism, etc.
- Giving back to the climbing community indirectly through the creation of an admirable and inspiring legacy which touches and inspires current and future generations of climbers.
- Positively impacting the cultures and peoples of the mountains through various works.
- Positively impacting the environment of the mountains through various works.
- Preserving mountain and mountain climbing history through various works.
- Contributing heavily and uniquely to mountain art, through poetry, painting, photography, video/film, etc.
- Contributing to the field of mountain science and medicine.